In the context of the second Biennal City and Science of Barcelona's City Council, the astrophysicist Anna Ferré-Mateu of the Institute of Cosmos Sciences and the Institute of Space Sciences of Catalonia (ICCUB-IEEC) will partake in the "Àgora - Encounter among female scientists and schools on exoplanets and space". The event is a meeting between a group of female scientists and two different schools with the intention of encouraging future generations of girl-physicists and engineers to pursue STEAM careers. This year, the theme of the event will be focused on female scientists who have carried out research on astronomy, space and exoplanets.
Initially these encounters arose in the context of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science but due to the COVID-19 pandemic the activity had to be online. The Biennal then brings a second opportunity to hear the experiences of these women scientists face to face.
- Ana Montaner, Institute of Space Sciences of Catalonia (IEEC).
- Francesc Macià School, 5th grade.
- La Salle Comtal School, 2 groups.
- Laia Cardiel, electronics engineer, Institute of High Energy Physics (IFAE).
- Laura Cabayol, PhD student, IFAE.
- Anna Ferré-Mateu, astrophysicist, IEEC.