Eclipse 2.0 is the new version of Eclipse Calculator, released in December 2012. Now, with a lot of new features.
This is an application to compute and simulate astronomical events. A tool for astronomy lovers that allows to know in a simple way the general and local circumstances for solar and lunar eclipses and planetary transits.
Eclipse is an app created by Eduard Masana, researcher of the Institute of Cosmos Sciences, ICCUB (IEEC-UB), and a member of the Departmenet of Quantum Physics an Astrophysics.
- Access to data of all solar and lunar eclipses and planetary transits between 1900 and 2100.
- Computation of general circumstances of the phenomenon, including global visibility maps.
- Computation of the local circumstances of the phenomenon for any place in the world (beginning, end, duration, altitude of the Sun or Moon above the horizon, ...)
- Simulation of the phenomenon from your observational point.
- Choice of observing place from a database, manually or from the GPS coordinates.